Monday, June 2, 2008

1... 2...

A musician I never got to see, clothes I never got to wear (though I don't so much care about that), and (ETA: one committed product designer whose work I know rather well).

1. Bo Diddley, noted gunslinger.



2. Yves Saint Laurent, noted popularizer of women's pantsuits.



3. ...and unless something big happens (get well soon, Teddy Kennedy; I don't want you in the Trifecta for a long time yet ETA: you either, Byrd! stop that!), I'm gonna go with Mr. Fredric J. Baur, inventor of the Pringles can -- not because he's recent (he died last month), not because he gives us a well-balanced Trifecta, but because this commercial extolling his smart design is just too fun.



Mr. Baur, very proud of his invention, had a portion of his ashes buried in a Pringles can. And that dear friends is commitment. (Confidential to any Gunn family members passing through: Remember the ringtoss game Dad made out that used the plastic rings off the top of the old-school Pringles cans? That was a very cool ringtoss. I wish I'd told him so.)

No comments: