Tuesday, August 26, 2008

...and it's good enough for me

This one's for you, MFH: Greta Christina's Blog has been doing some thinking about the song "Old Time Religion" --

Gimme that old time religion
Gimme that old time religion
Gimme that old time religion
It's good enough for me

-- which sits in need of further expansion. (As if it wasn't already pretty, um, expanded by the various communities of belief / random acts of filk / Usenet community who've taken up the singalong over the years, but one craves the acknowledgment of His Noodly Appendage.) Her reader community came through and how; I'd direct your attention to the first comment, but I'm fairly sure you're going to read them all anyway. And then the song will be stuck in your head for hours and you'll never view the opening of Inherit the Wind quite right again. FTW!

1 comment:

mfheadcase said...

heh, slightly suprised that there weren't more references to Eris under the Greta Christina comments...

I may have to fix that later... as Discordian gnosticism was my first break with the agnosticism i was raised with... Why yes, there were mind altering drugs involved.